Friday, 19 September 2014 18:21

Ambassador McCarthy to Lithuanian performers: know before you go what type of visa you need Featured

Written by 

Since Lithuania’s inclusion in the “Visa Waiver Program” more than five years ago, most tourist and business travelers can visit the United States for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa. But as U.S. ambassador to Lithuania Deborah A. McCarthy explains, artists and musicians, however, need a special performer visa.

Ambassador McCarthy:

You need a performer visa, even if you are performing for free or at a charity concert. (The only exception is for Lithuanian government-financed cultural performances, held for non-paying audiences). The procedure is not complicated:  You need to plan ahead and get a P visa (artists and entertainers traveling to the U.S. to perform), or an O visa (people with “extraordinary ability” in the sciences, arts, education, business and athletics, or extraordinary achievement in movie or TV production). You can get information on these visas at on our website.


Source: McCarthy Monitor, Official Blog of Deborah A.McCarthy, U.S. Ambassador to Lithuania

Login to post comments

#LTUworld /Join the conversation

If you want us to keep going, press LIKE!