The idea is to present the Lithuanian nation through the mix of skills, experiences and opinions it actually consists of, as well as by representing Lithuanians wherever they live.
By means of the various curators’ narrations, not one notion of the Lithuanian nation is conveyed, but several.
The objective is that the curators, through their tweets, create interest about the Lithuanians and arouse curiosity for their homeland, Lithuania, and the wide range the country has to offer.
The expectation is that the curators will paint a picture of Lithuanians, different to that usually obtained through traditional media.
Twitter is a global social-networking that makes it easy to reach out to the target audience in realtime. It is quick to update and to share content. Anyone can follow the Curator of #proud2bLithuanian (@proudLithuanian) and the network’s global reach means that the message can be received all over the world. The Twitter is also very useful for engaging followers in a dialogue.
How can I become a Curator of #proud2bLithuanian (@proudLithuanian)?
You can nominate yourself, or you are free to suggest a suitable candidate.
We currently only accept applicants who are of Lithuanian origin, regardless of their current country of living.
with replies to the following questions and we’ll consider your suggestion.
• Are you an active Twitter user?
• What are your biggest interests and passions?
• Why would someone, not a Lithuanian, be interested in you specifically as a curator?
• What’s your current name on Twitter?
• What’s your full name, email address and phone number?
What are the rules of being the #proud2bLithuanian (@proudLithuanian) curator for a week?
By signing on to be a curator of #proud2bLithuanian you agree to:
- Be the sole tweeter of @proudLithuanian for the week that you are assigned.
- Provide a brief description of yourself, telling what will you mostly be tweeting about and why.
- Provide a picture of yourself to be used as a Twitter profile picture for the account @proudLithuanian for the week that you are assigned.
- Ensure that LTUworld will have access to the account at all times during the period of this agreement.
- Not change the password supplied to you.
- Safeguard the account from being hacked by a third party.
- Not change the photo, biography, background or theme of the #proud2bLithuanian account.
- Give the account back to LTUworld at the end of your curation week or, if instructed to by LTUworld, at an earlier date.
- Not defame any person, business, product or group.
- Ensure all tweets sent from the account are original and are not an infringement or violation of copyright or license and that they respect the privacy of another person.
- Not use any obscene, abusive or blasphemous language or any other content that violates the rights of any third party.
- Not actively promote or advertise any business or receive remuneration from a third party to do so.
- Be mindful of the content you re-tweet.
- Revoke all access to the @proudLithuanian account after your curation period is complete by removing applications access and account from mobiles, iPad and desktop applications.
- Not blocking or unfollowing any other twitter users from the account.
- LTUworld, the custodians, reserve the right to delete tweets from the account.
Curators of #proud2bLithuanian (@proudLithuanian) is an initiative of @LTUworld